In 2020, we celebrated our largest graduating class in history! Read more about our graduates and their success stories HERE.
Challenge Unlimited’s Registered Apprenticeship is a unique, flexible training system that combines job-related technical instruction with structured on-the-job learning experiences. The Registered Apprenticeship system includes the following features:
- Provides opportunities for workers seeking higher-skilled, higher-paying jobs and for employers seeking to build a qualified workforce. In this regard, the Registered Apprenticeship system effectively meets the needs of both employers and workers.
- Apprentices start working from day one with an incremental wage increase as they become more proficient on the job.
- Apprenticeships for custodians is ONE YEAR, or 2000 hours of On The Job Training. If you are working as a part time person, the requirement is still 2000 hours but the time span in the program is expanded.
- "Earn while you learn" training model and work with a mentor on the job
- You will be offered related training instruction totaling 144 hours to be completed during the course of your Apprenticeship.
- The goal is to provide workers with advanced skills that meet the specific needs of employers.
Upon completion of a Registered Apprenticeship program, participants receive an industry-issued, nationally-recognized credential that certifies occupational proficiency, is portable, and can provide a pathway to a better future.
The Registered Apprenticeship system provides a wide array of benefits. For apprentices, benefits include:
- Improved skills and competencies that meet the specific needs of the employer
- Incremental wage increase as their skills improve
- On-the-job training and occupation focused education
- Possibility of career advancement
- Industry issued, nationally recognized credentials
Registered Apprenticeship programs are a written plan designed to move an apprentice from a low or no skill entry-level position to full occupational proficiency. These programs must meet parameters established under the National Apprenticeship Act that are designed to protect the welfare of the apprentice.
Registered Apprenticeship individuals must be 18 to be an apprentice in our custodial program. Based on the selection method utilized by the sponsor, additional qualification standards (such as fair aptitude tests, interviews and previous work experience) may be identified.